SUNDAY SERVICE: 28/06/2020
Topic: God is Faithful Xổ số Tp hôm nay(He is Unchangeably True)
Text: Deuteronomy 7:9, 2 Timothy 2:13
Preacher: Pastor Ben Amanambu
Deuteronomy 7:9 AMP
 Therefore know [without any doubt] and understand that the LORD your God, He is God, the faithful God, who is keeping His covenant and His [steadfast] lovingkindness to a thousand generations with those who love Him and keep His commandments;
2 Timothy 2:13 AMP
 If we are faithless, He remains faithful [true to His word and His righteous character], for He cannot deny Himself.
In the past few Sundays, we have been looking at various attributes of God. And the whole essence of these series of studies, I believe, is to encourage us to be confident that ultimate victory awaits us, even in the face of these trying times, for the LORD we serve has all what it takes to see us through to the end...
Today, we want to look at faithfulness, another very important attribute of God.
All of God’s attributes are mutually inclusive. That is to say, they are all complementary. For example, if God is to be Omniscient, i.e. knowing all things, then He must necessarily be Omnipresent. If He is not Omnipresent, then there is no way He can be Omniscient. In the same way, God’s faithfulness is reinforced by other attributes which makes it possible for God to keep His promises no matter the forces of opposition. He has to be all powerful to ensure that all His promises are fulfilled. No one can stop Him. This is in contrast with man. Man may be willing to fulfil a promise or faithful to a cause; but may be limited by reason of death or incapacitated by lack of power of execution. But our God cannot suffer any such limitations.
I pray that as we study these attributes, and getting to know Him more, our eyes would be opened to the endless potentials and possibilities that lie in God, irrespective of the physical limitations we see all around us.
Xổ số Tp hôm nayI also pray that His nature would continue to rub off on us as we abide with Him in these series of studies... Praise God!!
B. What it means to be faithful
- To be true to one’s word, promises, vows, etc.
- To be thorough in the performance of one’s duty: E.g. ...a faithful worker.
- To be steady in allegiance or affection; loyal; constant: E.g. a faithful friend
- To be reliable, trusted, or believed
C. Man is naturally unfaithful
- 20:6. Outside God, man is unfaithful. Man can always claim to be faithful, but can you really find one who is faithful... how many times have you been disappointed?
- Psalm 118:8-9; 146: 3-4. Never put your confidence in man, but trust in the faithfulness of God.
D. God is naturally faithful.
- Faithfulness is God’s nature; it is not just what He does (Gal. 5:22).
- He is first and foremost faithful to Himself... He cannot deny Himself (2 Timothy 2:13b).
- He is Faithful to His word and therefore cannot break His covenant nor alter His spoken word (Psalm 89:34)
- His word is flawless...
Why would God not alter or retract the word that has gone out of His mouth? : Because the words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times (Psalm 12:6) And He remains faithful to His word
God’s words are not like that of deceitful men, contaminated with self-will and falsehood that cannot be relied on.
E. Why should I trust in God’s faithfulness?
- All His promises find fulfilment in Christ. If He gave His Son, He can give all... 2 Cor. 1:20, Rom. 8:32
- He has a track record of promises fulfilled. Joshua 23:14, 1 King 8:56.
- Nothing can frustrate God’s intentions. Isaiah 46:11,
- God is not a man that He should lie... Numbers 23:19
- He is a covenant keeping God. Psalm 89:34, 105: 8-9,
- Nothing is too hard for Him. Jeremiah 32:17, Luke 1:37
- He never forgets... Isaiah 49:15
It is important you know the character of the God you are serving. Knowing that your God is faithful and dependable should affect you in many positive ways:
- Strengthens and reinforces your prayer life.
- You will never lose hope, even when you experience delays. Hebrews 10:23.
- Peace of mind is guaranteed in all circumstances. Rom. 8:28
- You are also required to be faithful as a partaker of His divine nature. 2 Peter 1:3-4, 1 Cor. 4:2
2 Timothy 2:13 ....is challenging everyone this morning: If you are unfaithful God remains faithful. This has double implication namely:
- if you are faithful God is faithful to reward you. BUT…
- If you are unfaithful God still remains faithful in judgement...He cannot deny Himself for anyone’s sake
Xổ số Tp hôm nayThe choice is yours!!
Finally, I am a living proof of God’s faithfulness... Are you?
- Thank God for being a living proof of His faithfulness.
- Thank God for fulfilling all His promises in Christ.
- Thank God for He is faithful:
- to meet all your needs Phil. 4:19
- never to leave you or forsake you. Heb. 13:5
- to complete the work He began in you Phi. 1:6
- to see you through any temptation. 1 Cor. 10:13
- to sanctify you wholly, preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24.
Our God is faithful, and He will accomplish it all in Jesus name... amen.